Bottom line: which one is better?
Apple iPhone 7 Edge and Samsung Galaxy s8 are manufactured by Apple and Samsung respectively. These are two highly competitive phone companies. The s8 is better in terms of quite a number of features. Galaxy s8 uses v7.4 Nougat android whereas iPhone 7 uses iOS v10. This makes s8 admirable as most users prefer android phones. iPhone 7 only offers 1 sim slot while galaxy s8 has dual sim slot.
Bottom line: due to preference to android phones by many consumers and the fact that it is cheaper, the s8 is a better phone.
Apple iPhone 7 vs. Samsung Galaxy s8: Design
Comparing Apple iPhone 7 and Samsung galaxy s8 is quite enticing due to several design differences.
- Samsung Galaxy s8 is thicker by 0.9mm as compared to iPhone 7. The s8 stand at 8.0mm in thickness while iPhone 7 stands at 7.1mm.
- The s8 is highly water proof with the ability to submerge in water for up to 30 minutes in a depth of 1.5 meter, IP68 while iPhone 7 has a water resistant level of IP67
- In terms of width, weight and height, the s8 is 1mm wider, 10.6mm longer, and 17grams heavier than iPhone 7.
Bottom line: portability is key in phone ownership, the features covered herein points to s8 being superior to iPhone7. The s8 is therefore a better phone.
Apple iPhone 7 vs. Samsung Galaxy s8: Display
The technological masterpiece exhibited in galaxy s8 is quite marvelous. The s8 has a Pixel density of 568ppi, 242ppi higher than iPhone 7. Further, the s8 is 19.1% high in screen to body ratio calculated as compared to iPhone7.
The iPhone 7 is 1.1inches smaller in screen size as compared to galaxy s8. The s8 has a high screen resolution of 1440 x 2960 pixels as compared to that of iPhone 7 that stands at 750 x 1334 pixels.
The s8 has a highly magnificent screen protector. The galaxy s8 touch screen is both capacitive and multi-touch while iPhone 7 is only multi-touch.
Bottom line: there are a lot of advance display features to be experienced while using galaxy s8 as compared to iPhone7. This makes galaxy s8 better.
Apple iPhone 7 vs. Samsung Galaxy s8: Performance
The only similarity in comparing iPhone 7 vs. Samsung galaxy s8 is that both have architecture of 64 bit. Other than the architecture, the rest of the features differ.
- iPhone 7 uses a chipset of Apple A10 Fusion APL1024 whereas Samsung galaxy s8 uses Samsung Exynos 9 Octa 8895. iPhone 7 has a coprocessor of M10 motion while galaxy s8 has none.
- With a RAM capacity of 4GB, Galaxy s8 has a higher performance lever than iPhone 7 with 2GB RAM.
Bottom line: Performance determines the efficiency y of a phone. With this in mind, galaxy s8 is better than iPhone 7 in performance.
Apple iPhone 7 vs. Samsung Galaxy s8: Cameras
- Whereas both gives exposure compensation in settings, galaxy s8 further provides ISO control.
- Galaxy s8 uses Exmor-RS CMOS Sensor whereas iPhone 7 uses BSI Sensor. With a screen resolution of 4000 x 3000 Pixels, galaxy s8 offers clearer images as compared to iPhone 7 which has 4608 x 2592 Pixels.
- The iPhone 7 offers retina flash while galaxy s8 has screen flash. Further to this, galaxy s8 an 8 MP front camera resolution as compared to 7 MP for iPhone 7.
Bottom line: Mostusers have become obsessed with taking pictures and recording events. They thus need a reliable phone to achieve this. In this case, galaxy s8 is a better phone.
Apple iPhone 7 vs. Samsung Galaxy s8: Audio
In this case they both share similar features in terms of the presence of loudspeaker and absence of FM Radio. However the s8 doesn’t have stereo speakers unlike iPhone 7 but has an audio jack of 3.5mm.
Bottom line: The above similarities make galaxy s8 more favorable and therefore it emerges to be better.
Apple iPhone 7 vs. Samsung Galaxy s8: Battery
Both the iPhone 7 and Samsung galaxy s8 has in-built batteries. The iPhone 7 has a standby time of up to 240 hours (3G) thereby granting talk time of up to 14 hours on 3G. The galaxy s8, on the other hand, offers up to 20 hours on 3G talk time.
The charge capacity for galaxy s8 is much higher at 3000 mAh as compared to that of iPhone 7 which is at 1960 mAh.
Bottom line: the ability to stay longer on your phone is quite admirable; I would recommend the s8 over iPhone 7 as it gives longer talk time and much higher battery charge capacity.
Apple iPhone 7 vs. Samsung Galaxy s8: Special features
Some more features worth giving a thought before buying any of the two phones is that iPhone 7 has a Bluetooth of v4.2 while galaxy s8 is v5.0. In addition, iPhone 7 has a lower storage capacity of 32GB while galaxy s8 has a much bigger capacity of 64GB. There is always preference to fingerprint sensor being at the rear of the phone; a feature granted by galaxy s8 while that of iPhone 7 is at the Front.
Bottom line: since there is a lot of information to be captured and stored, a lot of space will come handy, Samsung galaxy s8 provides that space in plenty.
Samsung Galaxy s8 by virtue of being an android phone makes it admirable. It has much superior features over iPhone 7 that would make it a darling to many. It is therefore easy to make a choice between the two phones; Samsung galaxy s8 is the better phone.